Member Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary range: $19.00-$21.00/hour
Purpose of the position:
Enrich and build relationships with current Chamber members, and attract new membership, through innovative retention and recruitment programs. Plan and coordinate various events for Steinbach and area businesses, providing opportunities for networking, education, and mentorship. This is an important customer-facing position. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are crucial to this role. Business acumen is an asset.
1. Membership Development
- Assist in developing new member programs and events that attract new members and engage and retain existing members
- Stay informed of new businesses opening, changes of ownership, etc.
- Coordinate grand openings
- Visit existing businesses (both member and future member)
- Grow the Chamber membership base
- Stay informed regarding Chamber Affinity programs (MB Chamber & local programs)
- Greet and direct clients accordingly based on their needs
- Respond to and direct phone, walk-in, social media, and email inquiries
- Act as resource person for business inquiries (starting a new business, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate various Chamber events (including annual Spring Banquet, Business Excellence Awards & AGM, Mixers, etc.)
- Assist Chamber committees with organizing in-person, virtual, and hybrid events (including Lunch & Learns, Pioneer Days Parade, Burger Days, Backyard Tourist, Round Table Mentor Event, Young Leaders Breakfast Program, etc.)
- Inform media of Chamber activities
- Attendance at Chamber events
3. Miscellaneous Duties
- Minutes and agenda preparation as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as required
- Regular communication with Chamber staff
- Participate on committees and other ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
- Manage and navigate virtual platforms
Please note, duties are subject to change depending on business needs of the organization.
Deadline to Apply: May 27, 2022
Please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Bezditny, Executive Director of the Steinbach Chamber of Commerce, at firstname.lastname@example.org or dropoff at Steinbach Chamber office front desk, D4-284 Reimer Avenue, Steinbach, MB.