The City of Steinbach is Manitoba’s third largest city near the center of Canada. Steinbach has strong roots and is committed to community growth and progress. Take a closer look and discover what today’s Steinbach has to offer as an affordable, growing regional center supporting more than 60,000 people.
If building on the foundation of an entrepreneurial region where there are countless opportunities ready to be developed in a thriving community, sounds like a challenge you are ready for, read on. If you are a self-motivated individual who thrives on achieving great things through strong collaborative relationships, understanding the local culture, immigration and business needs for economic growth and development, this is a great opportunity to build your portfolio.
The Director of Economic Development will be responsible for developing and carrying out a strategic action plan to build the growth and development of a diverse economic base in all sectors including agriculture, transportation, manufacturing, and tech companies.
Overall outcomes for this role include:
- Collaboration with existing organizations to retain and support needs in labor force, childcare, healthcare, and the service industry
- Building strong relationships within both business and government organizations to facilitate a strong growth trajectory where Steinbach is known as creative, flexible and open for business is key to the success of this position.
- Utilizing exceptional communication skills to attract all types and sizes of organizations using a variety of mediums for marketing in a highly professional yet relational manner.
- Meeting goals and targets as established in collaboration with the operating committee and stakeholder group
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through the ability to facilitate, network, lead, research, negotiate, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and work effectively with stakeholder groups, business owners, executives, and elected officials.
- Ability to identify and promote community economic development projects and initiatives.
- Organizational skills demonstrated through the ability to coordinate and manage projects, as well as gather and present research and statistical information that support economic development initiatives.
- High level of proficiency and management of digital communication such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, social media, website, etc.
- College or University degree in commerce, economics, or a related field and/or certification in Economic Development or related field is an asset.
- Business leadership experience is an asset.
- A Driver’s License valid in the Province of Manitoba.
This is a contract opportunity working with both the City of Steinbach and the Steinbach Chamber of Commerce, under the direction of the Private Stakeholders Group Operating Committee. The contract will be negotiated with the committee and the successful candidate will be provided office space at the Steinbach Chamber offices for collaboration and meetings as required.
All proposals to include your resume or CV as well as a cover letter including your vision of what Steinbach will look like in 5 years along with your goals to achieve that vision.
Submit your proposals in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org