The Steinbach Chamber of Commerce unites and represents Steinbach and area businesses in the belief that the resulting economic growth and stability provides an enhanced quality of life for the entire community. Our vision is focused on leading growth and connecting people in the region.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization, according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. Responsibilities will entail liaising with the community at large, implementing Chamber board directives, overseeing Eastman Immigrant Services, and working with the Chamber President and Board.
Your responsibilities include the following:
• Leadership in working with the Board of Directors to develop the vision and strategic plan
• Leading and supporting staff
• Managing Human Resources including recruitment and annual performance reviews
• Advocate for local and regional business at the municipal and provincial levels
• Community relations and advocacy, working with all stakeholders
• Engaged partner with the Manitoba Chamber of Commerce and Steinbach Economic Development
• Program development and delivery for both the Chamber and Eastman Immigrant Services
• Develop and maintain public communication strategy, primary media spokesperson
• Oversee financials and create annual budgets
Competencies required are:
• Experience leading a team and fostering teamwork
• Decision maker, problem solver and innovator
• Public relations experience working with business, community, and government stakeholders
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the local community, challenges, and opportunities
• Highly organized
• Proven record in building strong community relationships
• Previous experience working with a board is considered an asset
The Steinbach Chamber is a vibrant and dynamic organization in the region and offers a collaborative team environment, competitive remuneration package (salary: $55-75k), including health benefits. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead a team, provide vision and increased opportunities for business in the region, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 13, 2023
* We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.