If your organization is able to re-open, be sure you’re ready to protect staff and customer well-being, and reduce risks associated with COVID-19. The following guidelines apply to all sectors, from restaurants to retail, and from manufacturing facilities to cultural attractions:
1) Employees should self-screen before arriving at work. Use the online tool: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool
2) Sick employees must stay home. If we are to effectively prevent the spread of COVID-19, ill employees MUST NOT attend the workplace. Now may be a good time to review and update workplace sick policies of you haven’t already done so.
3) Educate staff about physical distancing procedures. Staff and customers MUST maintain a space of at least two metres (6 feet) between them, other than during provision of services or brief interactions.
4) Provide physical distancing info to clients. You MUST post external signs indicating COVID-19 physical distancing protocols, along with floor markings where service is provided or lines form. Regulate entry into your business, including lines, to prevent congestion, and maintain a single point of entry.
5) Implement hand sanitization protocols. Hand sanitizer MUST be available at the entrance/exit for staff and visitor use. Provide info to staff about proper 20-second handwashing etiquette.
6) Implement location sanitization protocols. Clean high-touch surfaces such as tills, counters, trays, door handles, telephones, debit machines, etc, with proven disinfectants. You MUST sanitize work/service after each visitor/client and put in place a regimen for sanitization.
7) Focus on washrooms. Washrooms require frequent sanitization. Please ensure a regimen is in place.
8) Educate staff on proper use of masks. Visitors/clients may wear masks when receiving services, whenever possible. Be sure your employees know the procedures for properly donning, removing, and disposing of masks to prevent contamination.
9) Encourage non-cash payment types. Cashless or contactless payment should be used to the greatest extent possible.